How to Create a CV in Another Language
In this tutorial, we explain how to create a cv in a language different from the one you used to create your original cv. This is one of our new features and it is highly valued by our cvonline.me users, as it allows you to personalize your applications by creating specialized cvs for each one.
- Access your cvonline.me dashboard by logging into your account with your email and password. If you do not remember your password, you can always recover it.
- Once you have logged into your account, you will see a tab that says “General” above the “Edit My Account” button. This is because your general cv is currently selected. In order to create another version of your cv, you must click on the “General” tab.
- A drop-down menu with all of your cv versions will appear as well as the option to create more variations. In this case, you will click on the ‘+ Create New CV’ button.
- The “Create New CV” page will appear and you will be asked to provide the following information:
- New CV Name is an internal name that will be used to identify your cv within your cvonline.me account.
- Copy content from another cv that you have previously created on cvonline. If it is your first time creating another cv, you will only be able to select your General cv as a base.
- In “New CV Language,” select the language of your new cv. This will change the headings and section names (ie: Work Experience, Languages, Education), but it will not change the content of the cv. You will have to do this manually.
- Resume Profile Picture, allows you to use a profile picture or, if you prefer, you can decide to opt out of using a photo for this cv. (This does not affect your other cvs).
- New CV URL is the internet link by which one may access your cv.
- If you see an informational message that says that you must upgrade your account to be able to create another version of your cv, follow these instructions.
- After filling out this information, click ‘Create New CV’ and a new cv will instantly be created.
- Once created, this new cv will be the one selected, thus all the changes made will only be applied to this new cv, not to your General cv or any of the other versions. Modify, erase, or add anything that you want. If the objective of this second cv is to have the same cv, but in another language, you will have to translate it to the desired language.
- Now, go to each of the subsections under “Edit My CV” and one by one, edit your content substituting the current texts for texts in the language of your new cv.
- Don’t forget to save the changes in each of these sections