How to Add a New CV Section
In this article, we will break down the steps on how to add new personalized cv sections. This is probably one of our most valued features at onlinerume.us. Adding customized sections allows you to add diverse experiences and information to your cv.
- Access your cvonline.me dashboard by logging into your account with your email and password. If you do not remember your password, you can always recover it.
- Once you have logged into your account, click on the “Edit My CV” section in the left-hand menu. You will see more options shown within the “Edit My CV” drop-down menu. These options are made up of all of the sections that you have included in your online cv. Click on the “+ Add Section” option.
An informational message will instantly appear, followed by a drop-down menu where you will select the type of section that you would like to create.
You can choose between the following types of sections:
- A Cover Letter, Introduction, or “About Me” Section: This type of section consists of a unique text box where you can add an introduction about who you are, what you are looking for, what your story is, and why you are the perfect person for the job to which you are applying...
- Certificates: This section displays two fields, one for the name of the certificate and another for the certificate link, in case the certificate or copy is accessible online (this field is optional). Click on the “ Add certificate” button to add as many certificates as you consider appropriate.
- Courses or Complementary Education: Complementary education is more and more important in a constantly evolving modern labor market. Any type of course that you may have taken, even an online course, is an essential part of your online cv. For each course, you will need to include a name, institution, and year. Use the “Add course” button to add all of your complementary educational courses.
- List of Skills: This section allows you to add your personal and work skills. You can even include your skills related to a specific subject area, as well as your level of mastery. For each skill, you will need to include the name of the skill or expertise. This will be followed by a horizontal progress scale, in which you will rate your level of mastery from 0 to 100. The display of this kind of section will depend on the type of cv template that you chose. Click on the “Add a skill” button to increase the number of skills listed.
- Achievements and/or Awards: This section is designed for you to measure the achievements that you have made throughout your life, whether they be professional (e.g. “Sales increased by x% thanks to my marketing plan” or “I increased client satisfaction by x%), academic (e.g. “I graduated Suma Cum Laude at xxxxx University”), or personal (e.g. “I obtained a patent for my x formula” or “I finished the Marathon Des Sables”). Click on the “Add an achievement” button to add more of your achievements and awards.
- Contact Form: This section allows you to provide a contact form. If recruiters are interested in you or have a question for you, they will be able to access your contact information simply by reading your online cv. You can choose which fields you want to include on the form.
- References: This section allows you to add various references, such as recommendations from previous co workers, professors, colleagues, etc... Ask for some recommendations and add them to your online cv! The most important field is the “Reference Quote” section, where you will include the quote from the reference author. Click on the “Add a reference” button in order to add as many references as you see relevant.
- Volunteer Experience: Professional experience is not the only important aspect of a cv. If you have completed a volunteer position in a non-profit organization, this too has great value in the application reviewing process. In this section, you can include all of your volunteer experiences. Add the organization or event, what role you played, and the volunteer period (Start Date - End Date). You can also detail the specific tasks or responsibilities that you completed during the volunteer experience.
- Other: In this section, you can add any other kind of professional, academic, personal, or other type of experience. You will need to fill in the section title, as well as a description. You can enter the text in paragraph form or in a list. The text format (size, font, etc.) will depend on the kind of template design that you have activated. You can put the text in bold or italics, as well as underline it or add links. Here is more information about how the text editor works.
- Including the fields previously mentioned, all of the cv sections will have a common “Section Title” field where you will have to name the section. This title will be shown as a heading on your cv, and in the case that you choose a template with a menu feature, it will also appear in the menu.
- Finally, it is imperative that you click the “Save new section” button so that the new section will successfully be saved.