How to Activate or Deactivate Your Photo on Your Online CV and How to Change it
The PDF CVs that you will create at cvonline.me won't include a profile picture under any circumstances since it's the law in the United States, however the online cv can include your profile picture, here you will find how to activate, deactivate or change your profile picture for the online cv.
Instructions to Activate or Deactivate Your Photo on Your Online CV
- Access your cvonline.me dashboard by logging into your account with your email and password. If you do not remember your password, you can always recover it.
- Once you have logged into your account, select the “Edit CV” in the left-hand menu.
- Select, “Personal Contact Information” from the drop-down menu.
- Below the “Personal Information” section, you will see an option to activate or deactivate your cv profile picture:
- Your cv photo is activated by default. To deactivate it, drag the button to the left.
- If you deactivate the cv profile picture, the photo that appears on your account will be ignored and will not appear in your online or PDF cv
Instructions to Change Your CV Profile Picture:
- After following the previous instructions in order to activate your online cv profile picture, select the “Edit My Account” option in the left-hand menu.
- By default, the Profile Settings tab will appear.
- Here, click on the current photo (if you did not upload a photo during the registration process, the cvonline.me logo will appear).
- Once you have clicked on the current photo, you should see this:
- Click on the “Change Picture” option and select a photo from your desktop or computer. (Below these instructions, we list some of the format characteristics that your cv photo should contain).
- Once you have selected the image, click the blue checkmark.
- Don’t forget to click the blue “ Save” button at the bottom of the tab.
If you visit your online cv after following these steps and still see your old picture, it must be because your old image is cached within the web browser. In order to see the new photo, clear your browser’s cache by following these instructions.
If you still see your old cv photo after clearing your browser’s cache, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What size should my cv photo be?
The size of your cv photo does not matter, as long as it does not exceed 2MB, but it must be a .jpg or .png file and should be rectangular. In other words, it must have the same number of pixels for the length and height.
There are countries where including a photo in your cv is not recommended, as many companies have a policy that requires them to automatically eliminate any applicant that includes a photo in their cv. This is to help prevent the company from incurring a penalty for discrimination based on sex, race, religion, or appearance. For example, this policy is very common in the United States of America.
In this case, you can keep your photo in your online cv, but should never use it in your PDF cv. In order to do this, you should upload your own PDF cv to your cvonline.me account, as deactivating the cv photo through the previously explained process will deactivate both your online and PDF cv photo.