How to Personalize Your Online CV Template With Your Own Background Images
The ability to personalize your online cv background images with our special cv templates, opens up a world of possibilities! Unlike other similar online cv websites, cvonline.me doesn’t have premium or payable online cv templates. In other words, all of our online cv templates are free of charge! However, if you want to be able to personalize your cv with your own photos or images, it is necessary to have a Job Hunter account. Luckily, our special JOB HUNTER account can be acquired for the low cost of $9.99 USD per year. Below, we will explain how this special account feature works by giving you a step-by-step guide on how to edit your template background images:
- Access your cvonline.me dashboard by logging into your account with your email and password. If you do not remember your password, you can always recover it.
- Once you have logged into your account, click on the “Appearance & Design” section in the left-hand menu. Select the template that you want to personalize. Make sure that this template allows you to personalize the background images. Here you can find more information on how to select an online cv template.
- Once you have selected a template that allows you to personalize one or more of the background images, you will be redirected to the customization page. Scroll down until you see the default images and names, as well as the space where you can upload your own images:
- Click on the blue “Change photo” button and select one of your own images. Please keep in mind that images that are too heavy may fail to upload. If instead of allowing you to select your own image, a message pops up saying that your account does not allow you to customize your template, it is because you have a JOB SEEKER account. In order to be able to carry out this customization, you will have to upgrade your account. Follow these instructions to upgrade your account now.
- Once you have selected the image, you can use the control bar that appears below the image to resize it, by zooming in or out. You can also move the image with your mouse to focus on any part of the photo, as you will see demonstrated here below:
- Repeat this process for all of the images that you would like to personalize. Once you are done, don’t forget to scroll down to the bottom of the page and check the copyright advisory box, as long as you own the rights to the images you have uploaded. Finally, click on the green “Save” button.
What are the image format requirements?
Only JPGE, JPG, or PNG images can be uploaded to our site. No other type of file will work. The image should never exceed 3MB. It would be best to resize the image in photoshop or another editing program before uploading it, but if you prefer, we can help you resize your photo for free! Just write us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the image that you would like us to resize.
What do I do if the image doesn’t look good?
If you upload an image and it doesn’t seem to look right with the template that you have chosen, we can help you make it it look good, for free! Write us at email@example.com and attach the photo in question; we’d be happy to help.