Welcome to the Curriculum Vitae of Marc Pitart Casanova. Among the following ‘search results’ you will find the education, work experience, knowledge, skills, expertise and much more. Take a look at it…
5 14 reviews about Marc · Write a review - Contact Marc
Was born in Barcelona, Catalonia on 11/11/1988
I am an online marketing & entrepreneurial passionate. Since my first contribution to a Start Up, I knew I wanted to learn more about online marketing to be able to ultimately create my own Start Up. Back then, just graduated, I had many ideas in my head but neither enough money or knowledge. So I started working for other Start Ups, (check my work experience in the sections below for more details) at first I worked as an Email Marketing intern at an Ecommerce Flash Selling Platform , where I was part of the first team that went into the office and set up all the computers and stuff, after this awesome experience I moved into an early stage Marketing Agency that a developer friend had recently founded, I worked there for more than a year as Head of PPC Campaigns, UX, Analytics, SEO & Front end. After that experience I started working for as a Head of PPC at bigger Agency specialized in the Hotel & Accommodation industry, with bigger clients, PPC Budgets...
In the field of Online Marketing I would describe myself as a self-taught person because even though I did a magister in web design (HTML5, CSS3 & JS) I learned Online advertising, Analytics, UX & SEO by my own, and I keep learning everyday mainly by working, but also by reading and listening to other colleagues. Also I love to share what I learn and all my career long I have been helping & accessorizing friends on their projects.
My Home Town, Barcelona as the Mobile World Capital since 2011, has a great Start Up scene, and I have taken part & assisted to many events & meet ups since then. Among others I have assisted with regularity to the First Tuesday events, BLE events & Google Partners Events. In 2013, I was invited by Google Spain to be one of the speakers for an event about Challenges & Opportunities of the Tourism Industry in Google Adwords Campaigns. Also at the beginning of my career I used to attend some courses at the Cibernarium, an online marketing & new technologies educational institution, owned by the city council. I consider it is a great way to introduce local people to explore the new opportunities that internet offers.
cvonline.me, Barcelona - Santiago de Chile
02/2014 - Present
CV online is an online platform where candidates looking for a job can create an eye-caching cv that will books in more than 60% the chances of getting an interview. The platform was launched in January 2016 and has more than 1.600 registered candidates. Now we have designed a scalable business model and we are searching for investment to make it happen.
As the CEO my tasks have been to coordinate the developing and launching of the website among the three members of the team. I am also in charge of the growth Hacking of the site mainly working in SEO & UX.
Planells Planells S.L.U., Platja d'en Bossa, Eivissa, Illes Balears
07/2015 - Present
Planells Planells is a holding owning two hotels in Ibiza: Ebano Select Apartments (ebano.co.uk) and Los Robles Apartments (apartmentsibiza.com).As an online marketing consultant of these two hotels I am in charge of creating and performing a new online marketing plan that has the Goal of growing the website incomes by at least 50% and increase the relevant traffic by at least 50% within the next two seasons.
My main tasks are:
- Designing, and supervising the online marketing plan including the creation of three new websites and a new booking process.
- Performing the SEM, RTB, retargeting & email campaigns for ebano.co.uk.
HotelJuice (By SERHS), Barcelona
07/2013 - 07/2015
is the leading tourism company in Catalonia. As a part of its wide range of services to provide excellence to tourism companies, Serhs Group offers online marketing services through an agency named Hoteljuice
. Hoteljuice offers marketing services such as web development, revenue management, booking engine services and online marketing services. It exclusively works for accommodation companies worldwide and accomplishes it with one single goal: help Hotels to grow their direct and online revenues through their websites.
As the SEO&SEM manager I lead a team of 3 people in charge of grow traffic and the Conversion Rate of our clients.
My main tasks were:
- Plan and supervise the implementation of broad SEO strategies to drive more relevant traffic for our clients(On-page, Off-page strategy, Keyword strategy, monitoring results, blogging strategy...).
- Supervise web migrations (Redirects, sitemaps, etc.)
- Plan, execute, and optimize SEM & RTB campaigns for our clients (Search campaigns within Google Adwords, Bing Ads and Yandex Direct networks, Retargeting campaigns within Google Display network by using Google Analytics, and RTB within Google Display Network, Trivago, Tripadvisor, Google Hotel Price Ads... ).
- Plan and supervise CRO and UX actions within the development of many websites and e-commerce check out funnels.
While working at Hoteljuice some accomplishments examples where:
- Increased organic traffic for hduquesadecardona.com
by an average of 25% during 2014 and 2015, and CR by a 33% during 2015 first semester and revenues by 87% during this first semester.
- Increased the Adwords incomings for axelhotels.com
by more than 30% during 2014.
01/2012 - 07/2013
was an online marketing & web development small agency based in Barcelona and Tangier (Morocco).
Tingis was my first real job experience as an online marketing manager. As a SEO/SEM manager I was in charge of SEO Projects and SEM Campaigns for English, Spanish, and French markets at Google Adwords and Bing Ads.
- In terms of SEM management my main tasks where to plan, execute, and optimise search campaigns in Google Adwords and Bing Ads as well as present and explain their performance to the client . I also worked with display campaigns in Google Display Network and Facebook Ads.
- In terms of SEO I was in charge of analysing the companies' background and planning their strategy to increase the number of visitors and online revenue. I also ranned the on-page and off-page changes and actions.
- I also assisted in sales, as I was in charge of providing SEO & SEM audits to the sales team and occasionally presenting it to the client.
- I was also in search of Social Media profiles in English and Spanish for a company (condorchem.com) so I gained hands-on experience in corporate Social Media and Blogging.
Alfa9 (Outletpack.com), Barcelona
05/2011 - 01/2012
is a IT Consultancy company based in Barcelona, that provides project development, e-commerce services, IT training and outsourcing. I did an internship at a division called Outletpack and provided entrepreneurs with e-commerce interfaces as well as providing launching services for new websites. The internship was supposed to be a three months long, but the company and I agreed to extend the period up to 5 additional months. I made that decision because it was during this internship that I felt that the online marketing world was my passion.
As an Outletpack team member, my main goals were to upload online travel packages to different websites and manage email marketing campaigns. Briefing my tasks where:
- Create campaign messages and claims as well as the package descriptions (html code applying css inline styles, because of the CMS limitation) and the graphics ( Essentially jpg banners using Photoshop)
- Manage email marketing campaigns that targeted our registered users on a weekly basis ( Approximately 20,000 emails by the time I left the company)
The British Council, Barcelona
08/2009 - 10/2011
The British council is a British organisation specialising in international educational and cultural opportunities.
I worked at the British Council of Barcelona as a Customer Services Assistant, and my tasks were performing front office tasks, such as assisting new and old students, managing the testing process, as well as other administrative tasks.
05/2011 - 03/2012
Marc Pitart Casanova has studied Graduate in Web design at CIPSA Barcelona. Started in 2011-05-01 and was graduated of Graduate in Web design at 2012-03-01.
University of Barcelona (CETT)
09/2007 - 01/2011
Marc Pitart Casanova has studied Graduate in Tourism and Hotel Management at University of Barcelona (CETT). Started in 2007-09-01 and was graduated of Graduate in Tourism and Hotel Management at 2011-01-01.
Marc Pitart Casanova is proficient in the following languages. Below you can see the languages and the level ofMarc